This two-day course focuses on the emergency scenarios that are faced by professionals looking after young children and infants, including teachers, and/or playgroup leaders.
2 days / 4 evenings (12 hours)
- The role of the first aider
- Managing an emergency
- Communication and casualty care
- Asthma and diabetic emergencies
- Childhood conditions (eg. measles, meningitis, croup)
- Extreme Heat and Cold
- Foreign objects
- Head injuries
- Poisoning, bites, and stings
- Sprains, strains, and fractures
- Treatment of an unconscious casualty.
Training Material Provided
First aid publication, booklet, and plastic wallet card.